Exactly five years ago I wrote my first post with this title so this makes it part 2. Never mind, this would just be in the same format as the first one I wrote long ago. Remind me of the happy times and my heart jumps with joy, nothing exceptional but just simple things that make me smile.
- got my first birthday greetings from Bank of PI a week ago and I smiled at the thought of another birthday. Let me see, I’ll be turning
58, 59, 60in two weeks, though I don’t plan to have a birthday party, I still look forward to the day.
- Nate’s shouts of “I love you Nonna” when he is in the mood to talk to me over the phone and I treasure the days that they come over to visit us, when the quiet becomes shouts of laughter and excitement. He loves seeing our three dogs, even calling them by names but when they come near, he is afraid and hides himself behind me.
- Nate’s urging for us to visit the garden so he could pick calamansi to bring home. Never mind that he loves to pick those which are still in their buds. He would always say, “ang bango bango” while enjoying the lemony scent of the tiny flowers.
- the joy of seeing another bloom of my Gardenia though it’s quite a little late for its flowering season. I usually enjoy the scented flowers during the months of May and June.
- finding the fifth book of Richard Paul Evans. I have waited so long to read the last series wondering how it would end. It was one joyful ride, love always triumphs in the end.
- the surprise little gifts from Nissa, she is so thoughtful that way. Lately she gave me a L’Oréal matte pressed powder and two big bottles of body lotion and I was like, “how did you know I need them?” She simply answered “basta”.
- enjoying a hot cup of coffee while staying in the garden and waiting for the day to bring another surprise, a bloom maybe or something that I could take a photo of. I just planted my first blackberry seeds three days ago. Wish me luck that they would grow into seedlings so I could transfer them to a sunny spot in the garden.
- learning to bake an upside-down cake. This was my favorite when I was in high school and I found a simple recipe on the net that was worth a try.
- finding more online friends through this blog and enjoying all the blog posts on my reader. Having a steady number of visitors and views a day really make me smile.
- seeing one of my favorite senators Kiko Pangilinan (I only have three among the twenty-four) personally yesterday when Josef and I visited the 1st National Pork and Egg Festival at Megatrade Hall. He used to be one of our Dept. of Agriculture secretaries but he is now running for another seat in the Senate. I love his sense of humor and the stories he shared while tending their farm in Cavite.
- an early e-mail from a friend, another advance birthday greetings.
- finding new books to read but of course, that’s a given. Books are my best friends🙂
Maybe, just maybe when I turn 59, life would give more surprises, something more to smile about, something more to be grateful for and more blessings for the family.
Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life – Omar Khayyam
This is my 1,724th post. How cool is that?