It’s been a while and that translates to almost a week without blogging. Here’s one sure proof that a day is not complete without writing those thoughts, some fleeting burst of inspiration but always, always would not come when you’re ready to write them down and immortalize them on paper, that is. Being busy does not help either and it was quite a busy week for me.
I’ve checked my dashboard closely since I got some e-mail updates from about.me , an app which let you make a short introduction about yourself but completely separate from the “about page” of WordPress. You can link it to Facebook, Twitter and WordPress. It helps that every update you post on WordPress is automatically posted as link to your blog. It’s only now that I get to appreciate it after almost a year of using it and earned views and compliments on the side. Maybe their feature on “Added Me to A Collection” is equal to the blog follows which they have here at WordPress. I am not too conscious on how many blog followers I have since I also carefully choose those that I follow so if you are in my orbit, I find all your blogs interesting, something I come back to now and then for updates and where I learn something too on everything you share. My blog followers increased a little though when I joined the 2011 post a day challenge. And when I think of it, I still can’t believe that I was able to challenge myself to write every day and share it with the world. It was fun and it brought me a very significant upswing in my stats which I think is more important than how many followers one has. It makes me smile when I encounter people who are not even my blog followers and yet make lovely comments in some of my posts. The last time I looked, WordPress has this update:
1,351 posts (and this is my 1,352nd)
239,378 viewed my page
And this is only for my main blog, Dreams and Escapes. I also have three more blogs which are steadily gaining views/followers/comments but I don’t regularly update them as much as I do with my main blog. And I want to be honest with you, I don’t regularly read Freshly Pressed but I admire those bloggers whose posts are featured there. And I don’t follow WordPress’s suggestions on what to write about except for participating in their Weekly Photo Challenge which I haven’t done lately. Four years ago, I started this blog to share my plight as a cancer patient/survivor and over the years it somehow evolved into something more personal than writing about doctor visits, chemotherapy and such. I am allowed 3,072MB to use but I already used up 1,889.85MB. That’s a total of 62% space used and I am wondering how the remaining 38% would last, always taking into account the pictures I attach on almost all of my blogs. Maybe, I have to cut on posting photos and update my Cams and Photos blog instead. I still picture myself blogging for the next three or four years, making regular updates on my blog about baby Nate. One thing I learned is this, having so many followers does not equate to more viewers and even if your blog has a few followers , if they like the content of your blog, they will always come back and visit you.
What about you? Do you find self-fulfillment in blogging? I do.